Junior Community Liaison Officer
Are you looking for your first job?
We are looking for a self-motivated Junior Community Liaison Officer (CLO) who will ensure that there is effective communication between claimants and First Nations Legal & Research Services. The Junior CLO will provide administrative and logistical support to native title meetings.
A day as a Junior CLO will have you:
· Taking lots of phone calls as you speak to Traditional Owners and help them organise travel
arrangements so that they can attend meetings on Country;
· Helping with mailouts, photocopying and general administration;
· Meeting with other staff to understand their requirements for meetings and assist where necessary with booking cars, hotels and other equipment;
· Attending meetings all over Victoria with a team of staff. Together with the other staff,
ensure that meetings run smoothly.
This is a junior entry level position, full time and ongoing. You will need:
· Basic administrative skills;
· Familiarity with computers and Microsoft Office;
· An understanding of Victorian Indigenous culture and community;
· A drivers licence;
· A strong work ethic and willingness to learn;
· To identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
This opportunity will see you join a positive organisation. We are located in North Melbourne, in newly refurbished offices and close to public transport.
Applications to Teresa Rehak, HR and Administration Manager, email@example.com Applications must include a cover letter and a current resume.